IT ALL BEGINS WITH FEW GOOD DECISIONS
One of the reasons successes had become a mirage to a lot of people whether in academics, career, finance or relationship is simply their perception of success. Contrary to popular opinion, mostly success or failure is not an outbreak or a sudden burst, rather it is a product of consistent decisions. While failure is a result of slack, inexpedient decisions, success hinges on judicious decisions, sure, Rome was not built in a day, you don’t expect to receive some dividends the very moment you commit your capital to a stock – it takes time, perseverance and patience.
I hope you’ll agree with me when I say you too can attain your own definition of success in any and in every aspect of life you truly desire if you will make that choice of making just ONE good decision immediately you are done reading this piece, and make it a routine to stick with because it takes time to build yourself up and create what you consider to be an exceptional life and it all starts by being aware and mindful of decisions you’re making each and every day.
There is an old saying that “by the yard it’s hard; but inch by inch, anything is a cinch”. Confucius wrote, “A journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step”
Financial success can be achieved by saving a little money every single month, year after year. Health and fitness are accomplished by just eating less of some food types and exercising a little more, day after day and month after month.
The next few lines contain some pointers to the few good decisions to begin with this week. Start by making a few good decisions, and that’s all you need to focus on this week.
Don’t complicate things nor make things harder than they need to be nor give too much thought to situations that you consider bad but do not have any power over… That’s where most of us go wrong.
Keep it simple, make one good decision this week and focus on building momentum, rather than trying to change your whole life in a short space of time.
A FEW THINGS THAT YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM AND DECIDE ON RIGHT AWAY
- Decide to look after your wellbeing and manage your stress and negative energy levels.
- Decide to eat healthy diet and drink enough water throughout this week.
- Decide to feed your mind with positive thoughts by the things your read, hear, watch or say and limit associations or acquaintances that hold you down from focusing on your goals.
- Decide to use your spare time to work on your unique ideas, so you can break free and live life on your terms one day in no distant future.
- Decide to be frugal with your spending and finances, remember that willful waste leads to willful want.
- Decide to mastermind or associate with people that you share the same dreams with especially those that already have what you are looking for – remember, you the average of the 5 people that are closest to you.
P.S. Keep it simple, just one decision and remember to have fun, after all we only have one life to live.